Tempura Coated Fried Sharon™ Fruit
Ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- 6 Sharon™ Fruit
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup fine-granule sugar
- 50 gm soft butter
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Oil, or butter for frying
- With a sharp knife remove upper part of fruit, including leaves.
- Quarter the fruit and then cut in thick slices.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar, butter, wine, vanilla and flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, fold into yolk mixture.
- Dip Sharon™ Fruit slices in mixture and fry in hot oil or butter until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.