Sharon™ Fruit with Quinoa Stuffing
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 6 Sharon™ Fruit
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- For stuffing:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 hot green pepper chopped finely
- 2 scallions chopped finely
- 2 celery stalks chopped finely
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts chopped roughly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon chopped finely with skin
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley and mint leaves
- Sea salt
- Put quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse well.
- Transfer to pot and cover with water, approximately 1 ½ cups, add salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and lower the flame.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool. Add to the bowl all the other stuffing ingredients and mix.
- With a sharp knife remove the upper part of Sharon™ Fruit including leaves.
- Use a spoon to empty the fruit being careful not to damage its outer part.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit.
- Chop the fruit content finely and add lemon juice.
- Stuff the fruit cases and place each one on an individual plate.
- Serve with a tossed green salad. Decorate with chopped fruit.