Hot Sharon™ Fruit Bake
Ingredients for 6-8 servings:
- 1 kg Sharon™ Fruit
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- For dough:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 gr chopped walnuts
- With a sharp knife remove upper part of Sharon™ Fruit, including leaves.
- Halve fruit, cut into 1 cm thick slices then fingers.
- Spread fruit fingers in a deep ovenproof dish then sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- In mixer bowl mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, oil and eggs.
- Reduce mixer speed to ‘low’ and add the lemon zest, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour dough over Sharon™ Fruits.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in a preheated (C1800) oven. Serve hot.
- Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or thick yogurt.
- Leftovers may be kept refrigerated for a few days.
- Reheating in microwave oven before serving recommended.